Omnibus state bonding bill funding capital projects across Minnesota, including many park and trail projects:
- $30 million for DNR asset preservation projects, plus $6 million for betterment of buildings, a portion of which would be available for restoring park and trail infrastructure.
- $10 million for Metropolitan Regional Parks and Trails.
- $4 million for Lake Vermilion/Soudan Underground State Park.
- $2.5 million for Chester Woods State Trail.
- $2.5 million for the Wagon Wheel State Trail in the City of La Crescent.
- $1.5 million for extending the Harmony-Preston State Trail to Niagara Cave and the Iowa border.
- $750,000 for construction of a new visitor center in Glendalough State Park.
- $500,000 for Mill Towns State Trail.
- $500,000 for improving ADA accessibility in state park and recreation areas.
- $250,000 for extending the Shooting Star State Trail into Austin.
- $13.8 million in local park and trail grants to cities and counties, including Carver County, Babbit, Cohasset, Jackson, St. Paul, Stillwater, White Bear Lake, and the Mesabi Regional Trail.
Bill Numbers: HF 4425
Update: Bill was passed on 5/20/18 by the House (113-17 vote) and Senate (42-25 vote). Signed into law by Gov. Dayton on 5/30/18.