Parks & Trails Council’s 2016 Contest will be accepting submissions from May 9 – August 20.
We’ll update all the submissions we receive to be displayed here weekly with the name of the photographer and the location of the photo.
- All photos need to be taken in a park or trail in Minnesota.
- You may upload up to 4 photos
- Recommended photo size is 300 dpi or 800 x 600 ppi
- Signatures and/or watermarks with signature are allowed and may be placed on the photograph by the owner. Due to judging and display purposes, please place your copyright or watermark information on the photograph as faint as you deem practical with a balance between the understandable need to protect your images and the community’s interest in promoting the properties. And please know that these watermarks may be cropped out when used for Parks & Trails Council’s materials but usually just for positioning reasons.
All photos will be reviewed by a panel of judges who will choose the top 3 winning photos, which will be announced on August 31. These judges will use the following criteria when deciding which photos advance:
- Technical quality (e.g., lighting, crispness, natural color, focus, etc.)
- How well the photo showcases Minnesota parks and trail