Appropriated funds from the Environment and Natural Resources Trust Fund for projects that benefit Minnesota’s air, water, land, fish, wildlife, and other natural resources. The following portion of the appropriated funds benefitted parks and trails:
- $1,200,000 for continued development of the Mesabi Regional Trail
- $679,000 for a nature trail and kayak route in Tower
- $500,000 for river protection and trail development in Fergus Falls
Two projects benefitting parks and trails were included in the bill but vetoed by Gov. Dayton because they weren’t included or were edited from the original LCCMR recommendation. The vetoed (unfunded) projects:
- $1.3 million or state park and trail “enhancements”
- $400,000 for Douglas County Regional Park
Update: Gov. Dayton signed SF 2963 into law, but vetoed projects that weren’t included in the original LCCMR recommendation.