This season’s Winter Fun Day at Lake Maria will happen on Saturday, January 19, 2019. Some of the exciting activities happening that day are listed below.
- A winter camping demonstration, which includes a presentation on Wilderness First Aid and survival and snowshoeing basics
- Winter Triathlon Activities that include Cross-Country skiing, snowshoeing, winter hiking, winter Frisbee golf, and nature bingo
- Indoor kidsâ€™ activities including making bird feeders, animal tracks, ranger program activity books
- Tour of Lake Maria camper cabin #3
- Lunch at noon with hot dogs, sloppy joes, chips, cookies, hot apple juice, and coffee
- Snowshoes are available for first time users to try at no charge
- Birding kits that include binoculars will be available for free checkout at the park office
For more information and a schedule of events, contact Lake Maria State Park at 763-878-2325, or check our Facebook page at Friends of Lake Maria State Park.
All events are free, but a $7 vehicle park entrance fee will apply to those without an annual permit. The park is located seven miles northwest of Monticello, 10 miles northeast of Annandale or 5 miles north of Maple Lake on Wright County 111.