From Friends of Lake Maria State Park
This season’s Winter Fun Day at Lake Maria will happen on Saturday, January 19, 2019. Some of the exciting activities happening that day are listed below.
- A winter camping demonstration, which includes a presentation on Wilderness First Aid and survival and snowshoeing basics
- Winter Triathlon Activities that include Cross-Country skiing, snowshoeing, winter hiking, winter Frisbee golf, and nature bingo
- Indoor kids’ activities including making bird feeders, animal tracks, ranger program activity books
- Tour of Lake Maria camper cabin #3
- Lunch at noon with hot dogs, sloppy joes, chips, cookies, hot apple juice, and coffee
- Snowshoes are available for first time users to try at no charge
- Birding kits that include binoculars will be available for free checkout at the park office
For more information and a schedule of events, contact Lake Maria State Park at 763-878-2325, or check our Facebook page at Friends of Lake Maria State Park.
All events are free, but a $7 vehicle park entrance fee will apply to those without an annual permit. The park is located seven miles northwest of Monticello, 10 miles northeast of Annandale or 5 miles north of Maple Lake on Wright County 111.