Position: Board Member
- Posting date: September 10, 2021
- Contact: email@example.com
Friends of Nerstrand Big Woods State Park’s mission is preserving and enhancing the experience of Nerstrand Big Woods State Park. The friends group has a volunteer board of directors that consists of eight individuals with various skills, strengths, and experience. The board of directors plans and executes all activities for the organization.
- Attend all board and committee meetings and functions, such as special events
- Stay informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies and programs
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Serve on committees or task forces and offer to take on special assignments
- Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing the organization’s annual financial statements.
- Promoting FNBWSP and the Friends group with the public.
- Participate in fund raising activities for FNBWSP
Friends Group Name is a fiscal client of Parks & Trails Council of Minnesota (P&TC). P&TC assumes responsibility for receiving, holding, and administering funds on behalf of the fiscal client. The board of directors is responsible for complying with the policies and procedures put forth by P&TC.
Term and Time Commitment
Board members serve a 3-year term and can serve up to three terms. The board meets quarterly (Sept, Dec, March and June) usually for 1 and 1/2 hours and as needed beyond that. The date and time of each meeting is set at the previous meeting. Expected time commitment per board member is 3-6 hours per month.
If you have any questions or are interested in this position, please reach out to Dave Detert at firstname.lastname@example.org. After initial inquiries, you’ll have the opportunity to join a future board meeting before any final decisions are made.
Find more information about the group at https://friendsnerstrandbigwoods.org/.
Note: This posting has been shared at the request of the friends group. These postings remain on the website indefinitely, so be sure to reach out to the organization to check in about the status of the position.