2019 Friends Group Regional Workshops
In 2019, Parks & Trails Council worked with the DNR to facilitate four regional workshops for friends groups. Friends group leaders had the opportunity to meet with their peers, learn about precedents, share best practices, and engage in planning activities.
Jay Cooke State Park
Lake Shetek State Park
Whitewater State Park
What to expect
- Sessions with guided discussion about specific topics, such as membership, outreach, resources, and project planning
- Networking with other friends group leaders
- Connecting with land management agency staff
- An possible outdoor experience (i.e. hike or project tour)
- Light breakfast and lunch provided
Who should attend?
- Current friends group leaders and members
- Friends groups looking for new ideas and best practices
- Inactive friends groups looking for inspiration
- Agency partners that work with friends groups
The day will start with registration and a social with coffee and breakfast. The morning and afternoon will each probably have two sessions, with a lunch break midday. There may be an opportunity to step outside for a short hike, weather dependent.
See the schedule from the first workshop for an example. Feedback will be taken from each event, so the schedules may be different from workshop to workshop. Event specific schedules will be shared with registrants closer to the date of their workshop.